This product Shear Connector simplest solution for transferring forces in expansion joints is to use the shear stud, welding stud.
An economical option is to use mild steel shear connectors as energy dissipating.
Shear connector also named shear stud, concrete anchors, are typically used in composite steel construction to tie the concrete to steel members and resist shear forces between the concrete slab and steel members. They are widely used in steel building, bridges, etc. Welding Through Metal Deck are available for this stud, for this option, special ceramic ferrule type UFT are recommended.
Standards as below.
- ISO 13918: 2008: 2008 Welding – Studs for arc stud welding, type SD1
- AWS D1.1: 2015 Structural Welding Code – Steel, type B
- AWS D1.5: 2002 Bridge Welding Code, type B
- AS/NZS 1552.2: 2003 Australian/New Zealand Standard – Structural Stud Welding
- BS 5400: 2005 Steel, Concrete and Composite Bridges
- GB/T 10433: 2002 Cheese Head Studs for Arc Stud Welding
- JIS B 1198-1995 Headed Studs